VIII NPO RIVS RESEARCH AND PRACTICE CONFERENCE – 2014.The regular VIII research and practice conference held by JSC NPO RIVS took place in St. Petersburg on November 19-20, 2014 Conference topic: "The construction, reconstruction and modernization of processing enterprises of ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy, chemical industry using new-generation high-performance equipment, new enrichment technologies, including environmentally friendly." It should be noted that the existing sanctions did not affect the format of the event. The conference was attended by representatives of more than 85 organizations and mining and processing enterprises from 13 countries: Armenia, Austria, Great Britain, Bulgaria, Germany, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Russia, the USA, Uzbekistan, the Philippines, Peru and the Ukraine. The number of the participants and participating countries in 2014 was much higher than during the 2012 conference, which reflects the growing prestige of JSC NPO RIVS. The high level of the conference participants in 2014 is also worth noting: more than 150 CEOs of ore mining companies, mining and processing enterprises, companies and organizations, sales managers, and others. The conference included 27 reports:
- in designing, examples of completed projects were given concerning construction of new and reconstruction of existing enrichment plants implemented by JSC RIVS Project in 2012-2014: in the Republic of Armenia working documentation for flotation and reagent sections of Ararat Gold Recovery Company was developed for GeoProMining Gold LLC; for Zangezur MMK JSC a concentration plant expansion was drafted with increasing processing from 14 to 20 million tons of ore per year with installation of high unit capacity flotation equipment RIF; in the Republic of Kazakhstan a working project was developed for Vostoktsvetmet LLP as to reconstruction of Nokolayevskaya Concentration Plant with an increase to 2.2 million tons of processing ore per year and production of conditioned copper, lead and zinc concentrates; for Kazakhmys Corporation LLC a project of industrial mine for hydrometallurgical processing of rough copper concentrates with oxidation and chlorination roasting was developed for the Concentration Plant in Jezkazgan; for Nurkazganskaya Concentration Plant a process procedure was developed for processing copper ore in the amount of 4.0 million tons of ore per year; in the Republic of Uzbekistan a project was made for the Copper Concentration Plant at Almalyk MMC JSC to reconstruct crushing and grinding sections and construct a semiautogenous grinding mill with a capacity of 7 million tons of ore per year,
- in its reports on ore preparation, Association RIVS outlined the methodological framework for solving issues with respect to the specified processing; JSC Uralmash announced a systematic approach to design of crushing equipment; NPO RIVS and ThywssenKruppResourseTechnology (Germany) reported about a promising application high-pressure roller crushers;
- NPO RIVS reports should be noted that were dedicated to innovative developments in the field of beneficiation of oxidized ferruginous quartzite to improve the quality of iron concentrates and simultaneous extraction of iron from current production ores, including non-ferrous metals and industrial raw materials;
- reports by the personnel of the Laboratory for Mineralogical Research reflects the main focus of their activities - application of mineralogical and analytical methods for determining the parameters of mineral opening in the development and implementation of new technologies for beneficiation of various minerals;
- reports are of interest that cover the selective flotation intensification of copper and zinc ore by thermomechanical surface modification of zinc minerals; the development of new beneficiation technologies for copper, copper-zinc, copper and molybdenum, polymetallic, gold ore and rebellious raw materials using flotation and hydrometallurgical methods of beneficiation;
- extensive work of the NGO RIVS Analytical and digital and analog center was acknowledged for creating and implementing automation equipment and systems for mining and concentrating industries, a method is also considered for calculating the process metal balance needed for operational control of the flotation process and software development for concentration plant’s automated process control system.