Process research in the sphere of mineral processing is one of the basic activity areas of Scientific and Production Association "RIVS".
SPA "RIVS" develops and implements new benefication technologies for the following types of minerals:
• Nonferrous metal ores.
• Auriferous ores.
• Iron-bearing magnetite and hematite ores.
• Nonmetallic minerals.
• Mining chemical feedstock.
• Industrial raw materials.
The Association conducts an overall battery of studies, including:
• geological and mineralogical evaluation of deposits which includes process chart preparation, core sampling, and testing;
• material composition analysis;
• mineralogical studies;
• physical and chemical analysis techniques for minerals;
• large-scale process research, selection of the expedient mineral processing flowsheet and modes of mineral processing;
• elaboration of process procedures for minerals benefication;
• Ore grindability tests to determine:
Pre-concentration• Determination of possibility to remove part of burden by different dressing methods;
• Heavy medium benefication,separation, etc.
• Determination of magnetic properties of minerals;
• Laboratory studies with the aim to develop flowsheet and reagent modes which ensure specified technological parameters;
Benefication of low-grade stock and commercial components which are difficult to recover:
Thickening and filtration
• Testing, pilot and industrial tests with the aim to determine thickening and filtration parameters;
Research facilities of SPA "RIVS"
Mineral processing plants where the technical skills and technological developments of CJSC SPA "RIVS" have been implemented or prepared for implementation:
OJSC “MMC “NORILSK NICKEL”
JSC “Inguletsky GOK”
LPP Corporation “Kazakhmys”
JSC “Almalyk Mining Metallurgical Complex”
MR KOO “Erdenet Mining Corporation”
CJSC “Zangezur Copper Molybdenum Combine”
Copper Mining and Smelting Complex Bor
Carmen Copper Corporation
Complex approach of SPA "RIVS" to the development and implementation of modern minerals benefication technologies allows to:
· Increase market product output by:
- increasing of metal recovery into concentrates;
- improving concentrate quality;
- reducing metal losses in thickening and filtration operations;
- increasing processing plants capacity.
· Decrease processing costs for 1 ton of ore;
· Decrease specific power consumption;
· Use waste tailings for backfilling;
· Use total water circulation in production cycle;
· Decrease the emission of contaminants into the environment.